this is the real life

Sunday, September 18, 2005

John D. Rockefeller

I admire John D. Rockefeller and respect his ways of conducting business. He was a self-made man who, through his career, changed and improved the lives of many people. John D. Rockefeller never sought fame. Although he contributed to charity during all his life, he never put his name on companies or charities. His great ambition was to mind his own business as well as he could, which was very well. John D. Rockefeller brought to reality the American dream. He sprang from one of those migrating families coming to this country seeking a betterment of condition. To some people John. D Rockefeller appeared to be a man of glaring contradictions. He eagerly crushed his competitors, ruining hundreds in his pursuit of profit. Yet, he was a deeply religious man; he became a Baptist, was active in church affairs for many years and was a generous financial supporter of the church. In my opinion, John D. Rockefeller was a man who took clear advantage of the opportunities life put on his way. He was given the chance to do something great and he did it. John D. Rockefeller was a man who lived his religion and was convinced God had given him the gift of making money. He sure shared this gift with the needy throughout all his life. One of my goals in life is to learn something positive from all great men who have lived before me and apply what I learn in to my own life. From John D. Rockefeller I have learned that by working hard and believing in what one is doing, one can accomplish all goals.

1 Comments:

  • Hi,
    I came across your blog while searching for more information on John D Rockefeller. I read about him and Standard Oil Company in 1 of my modules. I just want to say that I agree God has truely given Man the gift of getting wealth. Rockefeller may not have been a perfect man, but its unmmistakable how God has blessed him tremendously and his descendents, and that tells us that there's something different with him. Above all, I believed that John D Rockeller was greatly used by God in his generation to revolutionise the oil industry, and to improve the people's standard of living.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

View My Stats